Tuesday, February 23, 2010

About Time!

Thanks to my friend Andreea, this is my new passion! And really who would have believed it!!? I have never been a big fan of fish...let alone Sushi! But Andreea took me to a new place in College Station called "The Naked Fish" and I am totally addicted! This is a picture of my favorite Sushi Roll, it's called the Volcano. Love it! I also like the Naked Fish Roll and the Happy Summo Roll, and the Utah Roll...I could just keep going. I am sorry if you don't live in College Station...you'll just have to come visit us and we will take you to The Naked Fish for melt in your mouth Sushi!


Literally, isn't it always about time!?! Since Valentine's day it has been all about finding time to post to the blog! Seems like we have been making a lot of trips to Houston lately, for business and to visit Jared and Tyan and Brody. Also, Kathleen(my gorgeous little sister) came for the weekend-seems like she was only here a few hours! Loved having her visit!
Cheryl Muhr is a very special photographer in Austin. She took Brody's 5 day old photo shoot and this is what she posted on her blog..."I'm going to start with some of the most special sessions first. Well, ALL of my sessions are special, but some of them....really have that ability to remind me WHY I do what I do.....and why I am the luckiest person alive to get to do what I do for a living.

First, a newborn shoot here at the loft in Austin. I love shooting here because the light and airy feel just fits with glowing new parents. This is Tyan (of tiny bird photography...and quite seriously one of the most kind and humble people I have met in my entire life...truly, the goodness just pours out of her) and her gorgeous husband and her beautiful, beautiful son.

THIS. IS. WHY. I. AM. A. PHOTOGRAPHER.

Because life can change in the blink of an eye. Her son was here. And then he almost, ALMOST wasn't. Can you SEE how loved he is? Can you FEEL it when you look at how they look at him?

I can."

What a beautiful tribute to Tyan and Jared. I love these pictures. If you want to see them in full size go to Cheryl's blog at http://cherylmuhr.typepad.com/cheryl_muhr_photography/2010/02/ahem-ahem-ahem.html Gorgeous!

3 comments:

Sharstin said...

sounds like such a fun sushi place! i want to come try it :)
i bet you had so much fun with Kathy there~
I love Brody's picts--and what a great tribute to them--so touching:) they are fabulous~

Jillian said...

Sushi? Really??!! hmm...

Unknown said...

Lori,

I miss your food, I miss you, please come to help me with this "crock pot"!!!! Your strangest friend,
Andreea