Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day Seventeen

True confession, for the first time in 28 years of marriage...it is the end of January and I haven't taken down the Christmas tree! It is silver and red...maybe I can start a new tradition and call it a "Valentine Tree". It used to make me crazy if I didn't have "Christmas" put away the day after the holiday, but I am getting older and it takes a lot to work up to "crazy"!
I have gotten the wreath's off the door and collected most of the inside decorations to this table...it's baby steps this year!
Tonight was Avocado Fajita night again. I never get tired of this dish...
The recipe is in an older post.... :-)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hi! I am Becky Jacox's niece and she told me and my mom about your blog! So amazing! I really would love to try it, thanks for sharing. Is it hard to find these ingredients if I live in Utah? What kind of stores should I go to? Also, do you always eat fruit for breakfast or is there something else you like to eat that falls into the 21 days category?

Lori said...

Hi Heather,
You are so lucky to have Becky for an Aunt...I just love her! It's amazing how good it makes us feel to start the day out with fruit, but you could have something like rice and almond milk with cinnamon. But the answer is yes, we always have fruit for breakfast. To answer the shopping question, it is a little harder to find the ingredients in Utah. I was amazed once I started eating this way to find some new places to shop that I never noticed before. We have several gas stations that have Indian grocery stores inside. Also, look for an Asian Market. When I was visiting my sister in Ogden, I found the red lentils in a Macey Grocery Store. I am spoiled here by our 99 Cent store that has fresh vegetables and fruit, beans, coconut milk, spices, vegetable broth and lots of other things I need to cook this way for 99 cents. There is a similar store in Ogden...maybe there is one in the Orem, Provo area. If there is one in your area, ask the manager what day the "truck" arrives because that is the day that everything will be the freshest. Our store gets deliveries on Wednesday's and Saturday's. We love eating this way! and I love cooking this way!

Heather said...

Thanks a bunch! That helps! Keep up the awesome blogging! And I agree, Becky is super fun! :)