Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day Sixteen



Tonight's recipe was a big hit with my family and two friends that came by for a meeting. I got this recipe from Jillian---you were right Jilly, it is delicious!!! The original recipe makes enough to serve maybe one person that has had a huge lunch...I modified the recipe to make enough to serve 10 large portions and I also made a couple of substitutions for things I couldn't find.

Vegetable & Noodle Soup
2 T vegetable or peanut oil (i used olive oil)
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped finely
1 bag baby carrots, chopped
2 Zucchini, cut into thin strips
8 oz broccoli cut into florets
8 cups vegetable stock
2 cans coconut milk
1/4 c Thai soy sauce
1 T Thai green curry paste(this is hot so you might want to start with 1 teas. and taste as you add more)
14 oz wide rice noodles
1 c edamame(I buy them shelled and frozen)
4 T fresh cilantro
1. Heat the oil in Large skillet and stir-fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 min. Add the carrot, zucchini, and broccoli and stir-fry for 5-10 min, until just tender.
2.Pour in the stock and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Add the soy sauce, curry paste, and noodles, and let simmer for 2-3 min (until the noodle have swelled). Stir in the edamame and cilantro and serve.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

I haven't tried it with edamame or green curry paste, how different is it from red curry paste? I also add more spices to give it a kick! And if you are poor and dont live neer the equater then red potatoes instead of zucchini is super yummy too.