Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day Six

Invitations.
So tonight we had a quick and super filling salad:
Garden Corn and Black Bean Salad
4 ears corn, shucked, or 2 cups frozen
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup grape tomatoes
1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup chopped purple onion
1 avocado chopped into chunks
1 head romaine lettuce chopped

To prepare salad, cut kernels off ears of corn. Heat olive oil in a
large skillet over medium heat. Add corn and jalepano, purple onion,
and red bell pepper. Cook until corn is slightly browned, stirring
frequently. Stir in black beans. Place chopped romaine on plates, top
with corn mixture, tomatoes and avocado. Top with Salsa and serve.


This picture doesn't do justice to the ultimate "BLING" outfit she bought. Bling on her jeans, bling on her jacket, blinging necklace and ring. She is one sparkly girl!
Tiffany was up early on her day off and spent the day doing one of her favorite things-shopping with Lauren!

Jared and Tyan came up from Houston for the weekend and of course we all can't get enough of Brody!

Nothing like a busy Saturday to keep your mind off cravings! We were up and at the church at 7:30 to help clean the church. I dropped the guys off at home and then I ran to Sam's and then HEB and then the Dollar Store and got home just in time to meet my presidency at my house to make invitations for our Relief Society activity on Thursday(while I was gone Mike went to the gym and then cleaned up the kitchen-what I wonderful husband!). Heather, Erin, and Teresa...you are too much fun! Then is it was off to Goodwill with Cody to find him something to wear to the Thrift Shop Prom Stake Dance. I think his $8 "tux" is pretty cool!

4 comments:

Catherine Schulthies said...

Hey, I'm impressed with your photos. *Ü* Did you get a camera for Christmas? Also, can you send me details of your 10 Cow RS activty? We're needing some spicing up around here. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Lori! You are killing me! That salad looks sooooo good! Now I have to go back to the grocery store tomorrow. Today we bought the ingredients for your Charro Beans and Avocado Fajitas. Your kids are fantastic, by the way...you are obviously a good Mommy! Not sure if I'm posting my comment correctly...Jill

Sharstin said...

yum salad, and I am loving cody in his tux~fabulous!

Lori said...

Cody got a camera for Christmas....and I am loving it! :-)